Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Post

To start the day, let me wish all of my fellow bloggers, followers, commenters, and readers a Happy Valentine's Day! To celebrate with my family, I am cooking an Italian dinner. Not sure on the dessert yet.

I did make these for my daughter's day care kids. The cupcakes are a really good vanilla cake recipe to have in your recipe box. I didn't use the rose water frosting because it was for kids. I made this marshmallow fluff frosting recipe instead. It is delicious!

1 stick softened butter
1 jar marshmallow fluff
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
2 T milk

Beat butter and fluff together. Add vanilla. Add one cup of sugar at a time, beating well between each addition. Add milk and beat well on medium speed until fluffy. Spread or pipe onto cakes.

I made miniature ones. Seriously, how cute are they?


The card below was made for one of my goddaughters. I know, you are thinking that I sure have a lot of godchildren. Lol... I do. I have 3 girls, one boy, and one niece, and another one due in a couple of weeks. They all call me Nanny or Nanan and are treated all the same.

Back to the card. It was made for a 16 year old. I wanted it to be really girly with ribbons and lace. I love that MS heart doily border punch and lace heart punch. I added a few pins to the bow, along with a cupcake pick that I picked up last year. I really liked the vintage Valentine look.


Hope your day is filled with love!

Dani

11 comments:

Heidi said...

Cute, cute cupcakes! Love the card too.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

talk about yummy!!!! thanks for the recipe!
cute card!

Tanya Ham said...

OMGoodness! Those mini cupcakes look ultra-appealing!!! :)

Katie said...

Those cupcakes look delicious! We are having an Italian dinner too, although,that's what we have almost every night! The card is great, perfect for a 16 year old girl!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Jingle said...

Cute card. Those cupcakes look AMAZING!!!

Becky said...

So much to comment on today!! The cupcakes look delicious and the kids will love them! I'm always looking for a good icing/frosting recipe, definitely writing this one down!! Your card is beautiful! Love the vintage Valentine, love the stick pins, love the heart doily border punch! Man, that's a lotta lovin'! :)

Anonymous said...

That card is so pretty - makes me want to touch it! And now I want a cupcake!

Margie Higuchi said...

Happy Valentines Day back at you!!
Those cupcakes are not seriously cute - they are STINKIN' CUTE!! YUM!
Love the card - so much details and I'm sure that 16 year old will LOVE it!

Amy said...

those cupcakes are soooo cute! I love how smooth the icing looks. I love marshmallow fluff icing!! The card is lovely as well.

Izzy Anderson said...

Beautiful cards and the cupcakes look yummy.

Linda Beeson said...

What adorable little cupcakes, I want to try your recipes!