Thursday, March 29, 2012

Burlap and Buttercups Challenge

Okay, I think I made it in time. I said that I would try to get to this sketch challenge this month and I did. I finished it late last night, which is probably why the colors are a little dark, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

This challenge was not only a sketch one, but you also had to incorporate a cell phone photo or a pattern paper cutout. My daughter is always taking cell phone pictures of herself and it irritates me because I want to scrap some of them and don't know how to print them.

For this layout, I finally convinced her to help me out. And she did, reluctantly, but hey, again, beggars can't be choosers. Once it was on my computer, I printed it out, and cut it to resemble a polaroid photo. I had to reverse the sketch to fit the orientation of the photo. And of course, I had to add some stitching.


Thanks for looking!

Dani

14 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

dani,
you rocked the sketch!! great job! I totally love it! thanks for playing with us at Burlap and Buttercups

Cori in W. Texas said...

What a beautiful, sweet face!! You nailed that sketch and the colors/line you chose are just perfect

Jingle said...

Very cute layout!

Unknown said...

Cute! Love all the layering!

Sharla said...

Great layout...I too need to figure out how to get cell pictures printed out! I love the simplicity of this layout. :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!!!!

Sue Althouse said...

Totally sweet and adorable!

Tracy said...

Sweet layout.
Thats what are kids are here for, teaching us new technology, teehee.

Johanna said...

The dinal result looks awesome!

Mary Jo said...

Fabulous layout, Dani!
Love the white space!
And she is beautiful :)

Becky said...

Love it Dani! I have issues with cell phone pics too... Ha!

Hope your room re-do is going okay. We finally moved my furniture last night...at 10pm, but that's all the farther I've gotten :)

Unknown said...

Lovely page great layout well done Hugs Elaine

Teka Cochonneau said...

So pretty!

Anita Scroggins said...

love this layout!!! The take on the sketch is great!!