Monday, June 18, 2012

It is good to be back

Finally, after a break longer then I intended, I am back! For those of you who have been following my blog and knew about my back issues, I just wanted to give you a quick health update. After five weeks of physical therapy, cortisone meds, and some much needed rest, I have been discharged and have learned some techniques to keep me on my feet. Since I am too young to be considered for the surgery needed (yeah, finally too young for something), I am learning to adjust and live with controlling the pain and flare-ups.

One of the things is sitting for extended periods of time. To help with this, my hubby has taken some cubbies in my room and turned them into a table for standing. You will see more of my desk on Wednesday for WOYWW. How I have missed these weekly posts.

I have been working during my break, but just for very short periods of time. Some projects have taken me two weeks to complete, which has led me to be able to try new things that before I didn't have the patience to wait for things to dry. One of those things was playing with light molding paste and Julie Fei-Fan Balzers Crafter's Workshop stencils. The first thing I tried was playing on tags, as shown below.


Once I became familiar with the way the paste reacts, I took one of the tags, cut it apart, and used it on a layout. I then dripped Distress Ink down the page using a rubber brayer. I am so in love with this technique, as you will see in pages coming up in the next week or so.


Well, if you joined me again today, thanks so much for sticking by me through all of these weeks. The prayers and well wishes were really overwhelming and humbling. If you are new here, I hope you continue to visit and see what I am up to.

Hope you have a blessed week!

Dani :)

15 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

welcvome back dani! you have been missed!

this is so super I love the paint drippings! very cool!

Mary Jo said...

So glad to see you back!! :)
Have been thinking of you and hoping all is well.
Glad you are "too young" for surgery as long as you are not feeling too much pain.

Looks like a fun technique on your layout.
Can't wait to see more :)

Jingle said...

Welcome back!!! I'm sorry you aren't eligible for the surgery yet, but I'm glad you are able to manage the pain better now. I hope that continues! Your tags and your layout are FABULOUS!!!

scrappymo! said...

So good to see you back...I have been "away" as well and just returned.

Take care, back issues are so deilitating...sounds like a great idea to create a standing scrap station!
Your tags are great! That technique sounds interesting!

Melissa said...

Nice to see you! Love your new techniques and can't wait to see more. I hope you're feeling well!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Beautiful tags and layout!

Darnell said...

So glad you are coming out into the sunshine again! I hope the new standing-to-craft works for you so you can continue to enjoy your creative hobby without pain!

hilde janbroers said...

great projects!! beautiful!

Elisa K said...

Welcome back.. Love the tags and the layout... A new direction is always nice. hugs

Becky said...

So happy you're back!! I really, truly hope things are ok from here on out with your back. So sweet of your hubby to make you a standing desk. I love mine!

Your tags are beautiful and I love the layout you created! I would love to see more of this technique!

Unknown said...

Welcome back to blogland. I hope you find some relief from physical therapy and medication.

I love the tags and the very beautiful layout!

Chris said...

Hi Dani, I feel your pain - going through the same kind of thing and have to get injections every month, but apart from that, life is good. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Patricia said...

Welcome back Dani! Glad to hear you are feeling better. I'm loving your brayer technique! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

welcome back!!! you were missed! I love the tags and drippings you have been working on!

Tracy said...

So nice to see you back and on your feet again.
Your layout is darling.
Glad you are taking a not so good situation and making the better of it.