Monday, July 9, 2012

First Journal Page

It is so nice to be back from the vacation to the beach. While there, I spent some time on the beach soaking up the sun and listening to the surf, all the while sketching and thinking about journal pages in my mind. It was great! I really do have a whole new perspective to the things that I have been creating lately and what mediums I have been using. I finally feel that my art is starting to reveal who I am. I wanted to create a journal page with these thoughts and so what better way than to use a desk shot with some of these things in use.

Below is the first journal page I ever made. I gessoed my page, then used a credit card to add three colors of paint. Once dried, I added the photo and drew in my journal lines. The title, new artitude, just felt right. When dried, I stamped over with some white paint and bubble wrap, making sure to stamp over the photo. And I must admit, that for my first shot at this, I really love this page.


Thanks for visiting me today!

Dani

8 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

very cool dani! love the added white

Sharla said...

I LOVE this!! I have tried the art journaling thing, and have to say ..I was a little intimidated, I need to just jump back in and do it. I love the white paint bubbles!

Anonymous said...

I love it too! it is so fun to see you getting all artsy and messy!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

love it! so artsy and fun. :)

corrie said...

This is great! I have not tried art journaling yet. This is just so inspiring.

Mary Jo said...

Very clever and fun, Dani!
This messy free girl is getting tempted to give it a try :)

Laura said...

That looks great. Enjoy the freedom!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Artitude! I love it! Great page, no one could even tell you are a newbie at this.