Monday, July 9, 2012

First Journal Page

It is so nice to be back from the vacation to the beach. While there, I spent some time on the beach soaking up the sun and listening to the surf, all the while sketching and thinking about journal pages in my mind. It was great! I really do have a whole new perspective to the things that I have been creating lately and what mediums I have been using. I finally feel that my art is starting to reveal who I am. I wanted to create a journal page with these thoughts and so what better way than to use a desk shot with some of these things in use.

Below is the first journal page I ever made. I gessoed my page, then used a credit card to add three colors of paint. Once dried, I added the photo and drew in my journal lines. The title, new artitude, just felt right. When dried, I stamped over with some white paint and bubble wrap, making sure to stamp over the photo. And I must admit, that for my first shot at this, I really love this page.


Thanks for visiting me today!

Dani

9 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

very cool dani! love the added white

Sharla said...

I LOVE this!! I have tried the art journaling thing, and have to say ..I was a little intimidated, I need to just jump back in and do it. I love the white paint bubbles!

soapHOUSEmama said...

I love it too! it is so fun to see you getting all artsy and messy!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

love it! so artsy and fun. :)

corrie said...

This is great! I have not tried art journaling yet. This is just so inspiring.

Jingle said...

Very nice!

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Very clever and fun, Dani!
This messy free girl is getting tempted to give it a try :)

Laura said...

That looks great. Enjoy the freedom!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Artitude! I love it! Great page, no one could even tell you are a newbie at this.