Friday, September 14, 2012

Hello Mac

I just love football season. It is the only time of the year that I can scrap at night and not feel guilty about not spending time with my DH. Monday night football and some new Amy Tangerine resulted in a couple of pages being made.

Below, is a layout of my daughter with her new MacBook before she started college. She was so excited that it arrived a week earlier than predicted. I was excited that she actually paid for it by herself and is learning the value of buying big things on her own. I guarantee she will be more careful with it at school since the money came from her own pocket.

I wanted to keep the layout simple since the photo collage was from her IPhone and the quality wasn't that great. I tried to print the collage larger, but it became very pixelated, so this size is what I had to work with. By keeping the embellishments to a minimum, the photo and the journaling are still the focus.

 
Thanks for visiting and I hope that you all use your football/baseball/basketball/etc... season wisely!
 
Dani

7 comments:

Arlene said...

Love the simplicity of this layout. Beautiful.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love the colors on this layout!!! great job

Mary Jo said...

Very cool!
Great line for this and title.
And so impressed that she bought it herself :)

scrappymo! said...

What a great story...I agree that they treasure that which they have bought themselves!
Isn't it wonderful to see them grow and mature! She did well to save for her very own Mac.

Unknown said...

Love the design of this layout!

Anonymous said...

lovely! Great graphic lines :)

Laura said...

Great story and lesson. I just opened my 2pea box and there my Amy tangerine is :)