Monday, February 11, 2013

Love week begins

Last week, in May Flaum's class, she talked about stamping with inks, paints, and such. I am very familiar with stamping, but it was nice to sit and just play without having to really worry about creating a masterpiece.

I have noticed lately the craze with gold paint, ink, and mists. I have this really sparkly gold paint that I have been dying to try and this was the perfect opportunity. I sanded and gesso(ed?) the frame, taped off the stripes, and painted with the gold and aqua paint. Once dried, I sanded off some of the paint for a softer look. I know that it looks yellowish, but it really is a sparkly gold paint. I just couldn't get a good photo to show it off.

I stamped a few more of the embellishments and put this baby together. While I am not in love with this one, it did manage to find a place on a shelf in my room. And besides, the whole point was to just play. Right, May?!


I hope you stay tuned for the rest of the week. I have more Valentine projects to come.

Thanks for visiting!
Dani

13 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh i love this! great job dani!!

crafty....du said...

Lovely card thanks for sharing :)

Kerry

Lea Lacoste said...

sooo pretty! love how the color turned out after you sanded the canvas, need to try this!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

So, so pretty! I love how you filled the glassine bag with little trinkets. :)

Jingle said...

This is SO pretty!

Becky said...

Love it! That little pocket is so perfect!

Anonymous said...

This turned out so gorgeous!!!!

Barbara said...

This is so pretty. I love the heart window.

Danielle said...

Great job on the painting and I love that cut out heart and the doily in it!!

Lisa Echerd said...

So beautiful. I love your project, Dani!

Fleursbydesign said...

Beautiful card :)

Mary Jo said...

I agree! I have been drawn to gold a lot lately, too. Just got a bunch of mists, washi and papers with gold :)

Fun project! Love the arrows and little fun confetti type envelope full of goodies :)

Mr Tumness Crafting said...

Love this card the pocket is so sweet, Thank you for sharing :)