Thursday, January 6, 2011

One Little Word

It seems that I have been out of the scrapping loop for quite a while now. Now don't get me wrong, I have done some crafty projects for the holidays and such, but the stack of photos is piling high and is about to topple over. To get myself back into the scrapping game, I am taking Ali Edwards class, One Little Word.

For those of you who follow my blog, you know that last year brought a lot of changes for me and my family. We had put our home for sale, 2 weeks later we found out that my father-in-law had lung and brain cancer, we sold and bought a house, my husband made an emergency room visit, my puppy spent a week in the hospital for kidney failure, my daughter started a new high school in her junior year, and what I thought was a pulled muscle from the move turned out to be a herniated disc and a degenerated disc. What a year!

After taking some physical therapy, my back is starting to feel better. I am glad to say that my father-in-law just passed the six month mark and is doing okay. What lies ahead, we do not know, but we do try to make the most of each day we are given. Which brings me back to One Little Word.

After the move, I was feeling disconnected. I had a house, but it just didn't feel right. It was just that, a house. There were no memories here, no family activities here, and no familiar faces of friends. We needed to do things such as paint and rip out carpet. It was just a long, boring process. But, once the holidays started to roll around, things started to change. The familiar decorations were put up, the baking season was upon us and the house once again began to feel warm and comforting. It just started to feel right.

So, that brings me to my OLW. For the year 2011, I chose HOME. I want to feel at home, be homely, enjoy days of being housebond, being domestic, being excited to get home. I want big family events here. I want small family events here. I want to laugh, cry, be happy/sad here. I want to fill it with love here.

Well, that is my story for 2010 and my motivation for 2011. I hope you will join me and take Ali's challenge to choose a word for yourself. Even if you don't take her class, you can still choose a word for yourself. Who knows, it may be life changing.

P.S. (If you have made it this far, God Bless. This post really got long. :)

No comments: