Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Annual Gingerbread Houses

Today is the official start of the holiday season for us. It all begins with the annual gingerbread house making afternoon; which is always the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

Kelsey gets to invite her friends over for this yearly tradition. They spend about 2 hours working on their creations, getting all sugared up, then spend the rest of the day playing football and tag. Each year, the participants change a bit, but the fun always stays the same.


Here are a few photos of the progress of their houses. I am amazed that the older kids still participate in this activity. I am waiting for the dreadful, not this year, Mom.
I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Don't forget check out the Scrap Our Stash blog for the "Identify Our Stash" contest and join me on December 1st for our first challenge. I hope to see you there!

1 comment:

mborrero said...

that looks like a lot of fun!