Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween 2

This, was the second card that I was working on, that helped to create the mess that was on my desk. If you remember seeing it with a different sentiment, you are correct. There was something about it that I didn't quite like, so I had to remove it and try again. This version I like much better.

The card base was made exactly like yesterday's card, except I changed the zig-zag border to a scalloped one. The sentiment was also the same, but for some reason, that wasn't working for me. I decided to change it to something that was a little slimmer and longer. I cut the ends to resemble ribbon ends. I also changed the placement of the sentiment from the lower right corner to the center of the card. This is only the second rosette that I have ever made and I think I am addicted. (The first was on the December card a few days ago.) They are just so easy to do and it only takes a piece of paper. Gotta love that!

The final thing was to add a simple shoestring bow that I dyed, again using the Distress Inks. One tip is that if you want a solid dyed ribbon, lay it down and run your dabber across the surface. If you hold the ribbon in your hand to do the crinkle type of ribbon, it gets splotchy. Dye it straight first, then crinkle it to dry. And it only takes about 15 minutes to dry.


Well, I hope you have enjoyed my latest Halloween card. I think I am done now and will be shifting my gears to a few fall things, but mostly Christmas. I never seem to give myself enough time to get all of my projects done. I usually have to carry over a couple from each year. Maybe, if I am a really good girl, Santa will bring me a stocking full of my finished projects. A girl can wish, can't she?

13 comments:

Lauren said...

Lovely card!

Jingle said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!

hilde janbroers said...

clean and simple! Love it!!

Johanna said...

Man, I am IN LOVE with rosettes! This card looks AMAZING!

Pamela said...

Fabulous card!!! Love it! :)

slicksister said...

I love the little scalloped edge around the medallion. Sweet!

Tammy said...

Fabulous card! I love the text background and that flourish paper looks so cool in the rosette. Everything about it is cool! :)

Amy said...

Lovely card! The newsprint background really makes the rosette pop!

Tracy said...

Lovely card. I really like how the pattern turned out on the accordian flower.

Sue Althouse said...

Another lovely card! I think I would be sad if all my projects were finished. Guess I'll never know, lol!

Anita Scroggins said...

Love that paper line - very well done.

Arlene said...

WOW! So eye catching...this is simply gorgeous! :)

Vanessa said...

nice card!